I’m sorry, but what is time? I swear to you it was just the beginning of April, like, yesterday.
How. Time never moved this fast when I was in college, this is making my head spin.
I don’t really have much to wrap up, being as April wound up being the least productive blog-month in the history of ever. But what I can do is check in on my goals from last month, and make a few for this month.
Hopefully I’ll do better with those. Gulp.
First, looking back on April’s Goals.
Get back to a more regular posting schedule– 3 per week as an absolute bottom line.Nope. Didn’t even happen. Time wasn’t even a thing. Make time to pre-write! The past two weekends have made this seriously impossible but I need to make it more of a priority.See above. Mingle more! I feel like a blog island; commenting on other peoples’ wonderful content should be more of a priority for me. But again, time– so I just need to prioritize it.I was barely even on my own blog, let alone anyone else’s. Uh, maybe finish changing my layout, since I started…and never did anything else after that. Whoops.I changed my social media icons! ..and that was about it.
The rest of my goals are a continued story of failure, I’m not even going to touch them. Let’s just move on and think about how May is going to be about ten trillion times better.
May Blog Goals
- Post things that I eat. If I can’t manage a recipe, at least I should tell you when something comes out well.
- Actually take pictures of things! How many of April’s cooking conquests would have been posted as successes if I’d had the forethought to take pictures of them in the progress stages.
- Finish a photochallenge! I’ll be doing the Fat Mum Slim May photochallenge, and hopefully I’ll make it past day six this time. I’ll be playing on Instagram if you’d like to follow along!
- Finish the blog update!
May Food Goals
- Actually, for real, make new things. English muffins are on the docket. Methinks my DIY cookbook will be of great help here.
May Life Goals
- Eat more vegetables! It’s spring, so I’m on a fruit kick, which means none of my snacks are vegetables anymore. And this makes me sad.
- Find more time for meeee. Back to her Roots has a really good series on self-accountability where she checks in on fitness and wellness goals, and one of the problems she had last month was taking care of her self. I’m taking a leaf from her book with a list of things to do to self-care, because I have likewise been suffering in that area recently. Grump.
- Stop raging at Brendon for everything that he does. Not his fault his parents didn’t teach him how to eat food like a human. (How do you slurp an apple. How.)
Wrapping it up with Top Posts of the last 30 days…
Number One: Chicken Cacciatore
Number Two: April Goals
Number Three: Subscription Boxes, Food Edition
That’s all for now, folks. Cook the book resumes tomorrow with a recipe, and then a very very special Friday Five! Happy Wednesday, and happier May!